Promote InfoPath field as editable SharePoint column
Learn how you can promote an InfoPath form field and make it an editable column in a SharePoint form library, so that the value of the field can be modified through the properties page or a datasheet view.
When you promote a field in InfoPath, you can choose to make it editable in the properties page or a datasheet view of a SharePoint form library by selecting a check box during the publishing process.
In the InfoPath 2013 video tutorial below, you will learn how to publish an InfoPath form template to a SharePoint form library, thereby making a field editable while promoting it to a column, and then how to change the value of that field via the properties page or a datasheet view of the form library in SharePoint 2013 without having the need to open the InfoPath form itself.
In this InfoPath 2013 tutorial video, you learned...
- How to promote an InfoPath form field so that it becomes editable in the properties page or a datasheet view of a SharePoint form library.
- How to change the value of a promoted field on an InfoPath form via the properties page in SharePoint.
- How to add a datasheet view to a SharePoint form library.
- How to change the value of a promoted field on an InfoPath form via the datasheet view of a SharePoint form library.
See more InfoPath 2013 tutorial videos »
Copyright: This article may not be used on web sites (whether personal or otherwise), copied, disseminated, altered, printed, published, broadcasted, or reproduced in any way without an expressed written consent of S.Y.M. Wong-A-Ton. The techniques demonstrated in this article may be used within any Microsoft InfoPath project. This article is provided without any warranties. Copyright for this article is non-transferrable and remains with the author, S.Y.M. Wong-A-Ton.
Related InfoPath Articles:
- Promote InfoPath form fields to a SharePoint library
- Create a SharePoint Designer workflow for InfoPath forms
- Set the value in an InfoPath form from a SharePoint Designer workflow
- Automatically add a new item to a SharePoint list using InfoPath 2007 and a SharePoint workflow
- SharePoint Designer workflow to lookup manager of manager for InfoPath people picker