Count persons selected in a people picker in a repeating table
Learn how you can use the count() function to count the amount of people that were selected from a person / group picker control that is located in a repeating table control on an InfoPath form.
The same way you would go about counting the amount of persons selected in one people picker control, you can go about counting the amount of persons selected in multiple people pickers that are located in a repeating table on an InfoPath form.
I've previously published a video tutorial on how to add a people picker control to a repeating table control. So if you do not know how to do that, you can refer to that video.
The following InfoPath 2013 video tutorial shows you how you can use the count() function to return the amount of persons that were selected in multiple person / group picker controls that are located in a repeating table control. In addition, it shows you how to avoid getting an incorrect amount by applying a correction.
In this InfoPath 2013 tutorial video, you learned...
- How to set the Default Value of a field.
- How to use the count() function in a formula to count the amount of persons selected in a people picker control that is located in a repeating table control.
- How to remove the default empty person from a people picker control.
See more InfoPath 2013 tutorial videos »
Copyright: This article may not be used on web sites (whether personal or otherwise), copied, disseminated, altered, printed, published, broadcasted, or reproduced in any way without an expressed written consent of S.Y.M. Wong-A-Ton. The techniques demonstrated in this article may be used within any Microsoft InfoPath project. This article is provided without any warranties. Copyright for this article is non-transferrable and remains with the author, S.Y.M. Wong-A-Ton.
Related InfoPath Articles:
- Add people picker to repeating table in InfoPath 2010
- Extract emails from people picker in InfoPath 2010
- SharePoint Designer workflow to lookup manager of manager for InfoPath people picker
- SharePoint Designer workflow loop through people picker
- SharePoint Designer 2013 workflow to loop through InfoPath repeating table