Autonumber InfoPath forms submitted to a SharePoint 2013 form library
In this InfoPath video you'll see how you can automatically generate numbers for InfoPath forms that are submitted to a SharePoint 2013 form library.
In recipe 60 of InfoPath 2013 Cookbook 2, you'll learn how to automatically assign numbers to InfoPath forms that are submitted to a SharePoint form library.
Get more solutions from InfoPath 2013 Cookbook 2 which is available on Amazon.com
Watch next video: Update an Excel spreadsheet when submitting an InfoPath form to SharePoint 2013
InfoPath demo video transcript:
There are several solutions you could come up with to automatically generate numbers for InfoPath forms that are submitted to a SharePoint form library. These solutions could require coding or no coding. Currently, there is a codeless solution on my web site which you can find by searching for autonumber, but that solution is a little bit less robust than the solution that I'm going to be demonstrating here, which is also a codeless solution.
So here I'm in SharePoint 2013, where I've already published an InfoPath form template to this SharePoint form library, which as you can see currently contains 3 forms. I'm currently logged on as a different user on a different machine, and I'm going to be submitting InfoPath forms from there too.
So I'll add a new form here, and then I'll hit submit. And I'll hit submit on the other PC. And then you'll see that my form was submitted first and then the form from John Doe was submitted.
I could also delete all of these files, and then try submitting forms again. And then the numbering should continue where it left off. So I submitted Form_23 and I'm waiting for John Doe's form. So I'll hit refresh. And you can see John Doe submitted Form_24.
Related InfoPath Demo Videos:
- Create InfoPath 2013 forms through SharePoint Designer workflows
- Auto-fill InfoPath fields with Excel data in SharePoint 2013
- Bulk export selected InfoPath forms to Word documents
- SharePoint Designer workflow loop through people picker
- Basic SharePoint user profile info using a people picker
- Update an Excel spreadsheet when submitting an InfoPath form to SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint Designer 2013 workflow to loop through InfoPath repeating table
- Add validation rules to a people picker in InfoPath 2013
- Cascading multi-select list boxes with validation in InfoPath 2013
- Submit SharePoint list item to Excel workbook via InfoPath 2013
Copyright: This article may not be used on web sites (whether personal or otherwise), copied, disseminated, altered, printed, published, broadcasted, or reproduced in any way without an expressed written consent of S.Y.M. Wong-A-Ton. The techniques demonstrated in this article may be used within any Microsoft InfoPath project. This article is provided without any warranties. Copyright for this article is non-transferrable and remains with the author, S.Y.M. Wong-A-Ton.