InfoPath 2010 repeating table validation for unique values
Learn how you can add data validation to a drop-down list box in a repeating table on an InfoPath 2010 form to prevent duplicate values from being selected.
You can use data validation in InfoPath 2010 to force users to select a particular value only once from a drop-down list box that is located within a repeating table, so that only unique values appear in a particular column of the repeating table.
The InfoPath video below shows you how to set up a condition on a Validation rule to prevent duplicate values from being selected from a drop-down list box in a repeating table on an InfoPath 2010 form.
In this InfoPath 2010 tutorial video, you learned...
- How to add a Validation rule to a field in a repeating table control on an InfoPath form.
- How to use the preceding XPath axis in a condition on a rule in InfoPath 2010.
- How to use the following XPath axis in a condition on a rule in InfoPath 2010.
- How to add a drop-down list box control to a repeating table control on an InfoPath form
See more InfoPath 2010 tutorial videos »
Related InfoPath Articles:
- What is InfoPath repeating table
- Display part of a repeating table in InfoPath 2010
- Cascading drop down lists in an InfoPath repeating table
- Dates in an InfoPath repeating table without weekends
- Multi-select list box to show/hide columns in horizontal repeating table
Copyright: This article may not be used on web sites (whether personal or otherwise), copied, disseminated, altered, printed, published, broadcasted, or reproduced in any way without an expressed written consent. The techniques demonstrated in this article may be used within any Microsoft InfoPath project. This article is provided without any warranties. Copyright for this article is non-transferrable and remains with the author.