Copy file between InfoPath file attachment controls
Learn how you can use rules to copy or move a file that is stored in a file attachment control on an InfoPath form to another file attachment control on the same form.
Because a file that is attached to a File Attachment control on an InfoPath form is stored as text in the InfoPath form, you can use rules (instead of code) to copy or move the file from one file attachment control to another.
The following InfoPath video shows you how you can use a Set a field's value action rule on a button on an InfoPath form to copy or move a file between two file attachment controls on the InfoPath form.
In this InfoPath 2010 tutorial video, you learned...
- How to copy the contents of a file attachment control to another file attachment control on an InfoPath 2010 form.
- How to move the contents of a file attachment control to another file attachment control on an InfoPath 2010 form.
- How to add an Action rule to a button control.
- How to clear a file attachment control on an InfoPath form.
- How to stop rules from running when a condition for a certain rule has been met.
See more InfoPath 2010 tutorial videos »
Copyright: This article may not be used on web sites (whether personal or otherwise), copied, disseminated, altered, printed, published, broadcasted, or reproduced in any way without an expressed written consent of S.Y.M. Wong-A-Ton. The techniques demonstrated in this article may be used within any Microsoft InfoPath project. This article is provided without any warranties. Copyright for this article is non-transferrable and remains with the author, S.Y.M. Wong-A-Ton.