InfoPath 2010 date picker default value
Learn how you can set the default value for an InfoPath 2010 date picker or InfoPath 2010 date and time picker.
In InfoPath 2010, there are 3 methods you can use to set the default value of most InfoPath fields:
- Use the Default Value property if it is available.
- Use an InfoPath Form Load rule.
- Use a Set a field's value action rule.
However, because an InfoPath 2010 date picker stores only dates and an InfoPath 2010 date and time picker stores a date and time, you must use different InfoPath 2010 date and time functions to set their default values.
The following InfoPath 2010 tutorial video shows you how you can set an InfoPath 2010 date picker default value and an InfoPath 2010 date and time picker default value.
Copyright: This article may not be used on web sites (whether personal or otherwise), copied, disseminated, altered, printed, published, broadcasted, or reproduced in any way without an expressed written consent of S.Y.M. Wong-A-Ton. The techniques demonstrated in this article may be used within any Microsoft InfoPath project. This article is provided without any warranties. Copyright for this article is non-transferrable and remains with the author, S.Y.M. Wong-A-Ton.
Related InfoPath Articles:
- InfoPath 2010 date and time picker control basics
- InfoPath 2010 date picker with only future dates allowed
- Calculate month difference in InfoPath 2010 using rules
- Calculate work days excluding holidays in InfoPath 2010 using SharePoint 2010 and Excel Services
- Auto-populate a drop-down list box with past and future dates