Embed an InfoPath 2010 form in a web part in SharePoint
Learn how you can use the InfoPath Form Web Part in SharePoint 2010 to embed an InfoPath 2010 form in a web part on a SharePoint wiki page.
SharePoint 2010 comes with a web part called the InfoPath Form Web Part, which you can use to embed an InfoPath 2010 form in a web part on a SharePoint web page.
In SharePoint 2010 you can place web parts on web part pages or wiki pages. Therefore, you can use the InfoPath 2010 form web part to embed InfoPath forms in web part pages or wiki pages.
Since wiki pages are used as the default page type when you create a Team Site in SharePoint 2010, the following instructions are for embedding an InfoPath form in an InfoPath 2010 form web part on a SharePoint wiki page:
- In InfoPath 2010, design an InfoPath browser-compatible form template (create a SharePoint list form or a SharePoint form library form) and publish it to SharePoint.
- In SharePoint 2010, go to the wiki page on which you want to embed the InfoPath form, and click Site Actions > Edit Page.
- Place the cursor anywhere on the page where you want to embed the InfoPath form, and then on the Editing Tools tab, click Insert > Web Parts > Web Part.
- Select Forms in the Categories list, select InfoPath Form Web Part in the Web Parts list, and click Add.
- Once the web part has been added, you must configure it to display an InfoPath form of your choice. On the web part, click Click here to open the tool pane.
- On the tool pane, select the form library you published the InfoPath form to from the List or Library drop-down list box, select the view to display from the Views drop-down list box if the form has multiple views, expand Appearance and change the title for the web part to a suitable title, configure any other options you would like to configure, and then click OK.
- On the ribbon, click the Save & Close button.
The InfoPath form should now be embedded in an InfoPath 2010 form web part on the SharePoint wiki page.
Related InfoPath Articles:
- 2 Ways to create SharePoint list forms in InfoPath 2010
- Open an InfoPath form from a link in SharePoint 2010
- Connect SharePoint form library form to SharePoint list form through SharePoint web part connections
- Pass repeating table data between InfoPath browser forms in SharePoint
- Integrating InfoPath with Excel and Excel Services in SharePoint overview
Copyright: This article may not be used on web sites (whether personal or otherwise), copied, disseminated, altered, printed, published, broadcasted, or reproduced in any way without an expressed written consent. The techniques demonstrated in this article may be used within any Microsoft InfoPath project. This article is provided without any warranties. Copyright for this article is non-transferrable and remains with the author.