Publish Excel 2007 data to SharePoint then display it in InfoPath
In this InfoPath video tutorial you'll learn how to publish an Excel 2007 table to SharePoint as a SharePoint list and then use a Repeating Table in InfoPath to display the Excel data through a data connection with the SharePoint list.
The method shown in the video below is a dynamic method for changing data in an Excel spreadsheet, and having those changes replicate to all InfoPath forms that are connected to the SharePoint list for that Excel spreadsheet.
You can also use a static method to display data from an Excel spreadsheet in an InfoPath form through an XML file.
Before you begin, you must download and install the Excel 2007 Add-in: Synchronizing Tables with SharePoint Lists.
In this InfoPath video tutorial, you learned…
- How to format data as a table in Excel 2007.
- How to publish Excel 2007 data to SharePoint and create a SharePoint list, which contains Excel data.
- How to create a data connection to a SharePoint list in InfoPath.
- How to display data stored in an InfoPath secondary data source as an InfoPath repeating table on an InfoPath form.
- How to refresh the data of a secondary data source in InfoPath using InfoPath rules.
- How to modify data in Excel 2007, synchronize the data with SharePoint, and then refresh the data source in InfoPath to display the modified data from Excel.
See more InfoPath 2007 tutorial videos »
Copyright: This article may not be used on web sites (whether personal or otherwise), copied, disseminated, altered, printed, published, broadcasted, or reproduced in any way without an expressed written consent of S.Y.M. Wong-A-Ton. The techniques demonstrated in this article may be used within any Microsoft InfoPath project. This article is provided without any warranties. Copyright for this article is non-transferrable and remains with the author, S.Y.M. Wong-A-Ton.